Exploring The Mysterious World Of Science
Written by on March 24, 2017
The 7 Laws of the Universe
Metaphysics is the right brain version of physics. Both physics and meta-physics are fields which endeavor to explore and understand how the world was created — one with the left brain, one with the right.
According to a wonderful little book I keep at my bedside called The Kybalion, there are 7 basic laws of the Universe and these are they:
1. Mentalism: The Universe is mental. All is mind.
2. Correspondence: As above, so below.
3. Vibration: Everything is in motion. Nothing is still.
4. Polarity: Everything has its pairs of opposites.
5. Rhythm: The pendulum swing manifests in everything. The measure of the swing to the right is the measure of the swing to the left.
6. Cause and Effect: There are many planes of causation but nothing escapes this law.
7. Gender: Gender manifests on all planes.
Here is an example of each law in action in the everyday world.
1. The Law of Mentalism. Every thing that appears in your world was once a thought you had. When I teach students metaphysics, I ask them to indicate an important event in their life and then to return to the place in time when they planted the seed for this event with a thought. A woman told me she had suffered in poverty for 7 years having foolishly bought a business in the worst part of town. She realized this was because once she had prayed to experience as broad and as deep a life as possible. That was when this seed was planted.
2. The Law of Correspondence. This law teaches us that we can understand the unseen by carefully observing what we can see with our own two eyes. When a woman is about to go out on a date with a new man, I encourage her to look at how he treats the waitress and how he eats his meal. This is the way he will be treating her and having sex with her after his guard is down (should she choose to continue to date him).
3. The Law of Vibration. Everything vibrates. Nothing is still. This Law helps us to understand the essence of things. It is this fine network of vibrations that connects us with every other living thing. You might picture it as an invisible world wide web. It is in tune with the vibrations of the universe that we attract and are attracted to every experience in our life. To use a metaphor, suppose you like country and western music. If you set your radio dial to country and western you will not hear classical or jazz music. If you vibrate at a peaceful level, you will not meet people who are violent.
4. The Law of Polarity. Everything has its opposite. This law helps us to understand the principles of yin and yang. Some energy attracts and some energy repels. One is not better than the other but both exist. I like to think of the astronomical world where one body can capture another by pulling it into its sphere of influence. This principle can be understood in life when we recognize the truth in this saying: If you want him to be more of a man, be more of a woman.
5. The Law of Rhythm. The pendulum swing manifests in everything. The measure of the swing to the left is the measure of the swing to the right. This law operates in life quite visibly with people who are bipolar. One day they’re up, the next they’re down. For most people, the law is realized when they become very, very happy. The law dictates that next they will be very, very sad. To correct this is simple: To avoid being very unhappy, avoid being very happy.
6. Cause and Effect: There are many planes of causation but nothing escapes this law. The best writing on this law, which is the law of Karma, is found in Emerson’s Essay on Compensation. It is available for free download on many internet sites.
7. Gender: Gender manifests on all planes. This law works in our lives by helping us to see that each male has an inner female within him and each female has an inner male. Both are necessary for creation and regeneration. These Laws of the Universe are meta-physical but they are as certain as the law of physics. What goes up must come down. You can be certain of it!
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
Comments are closed.